Updated March 2018
The Cook/Chef prepares the food for each meal as outlined on the menu, utilizing the standardized recipes. This individual is responsible for ensuring that the food is prepared in proper manner and presented to the residents in a palatable and appetizing appearance.
- College Diploma, Chef or equivalent.
- Must have experience in quantity food preparation and the preparation of therapeutic diets.
- Must be familiar with the use of kitchen equipment.
- Must have empathy for, and an understanding of the needs of the elderly.
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write English, and to follow oral and written directions, and do arithmetic calculations.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Must be a competent person as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Now receiving applications for part-time receptionist.
- previous experience in reception & working in a Retirement Home;
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- proficient with Microsoft Office;
- highly organized and detailed focus;
- ability to work in a face paste environment, meet deadlines and handle many tasks at once;
- ability to pass a vulnerable sector police check and love working with Seniors in a team environment.
Current references required.
Recreation Assistant for Memory Care Neighbourhood – Part-time. Bilingual.
We are now receiving applications for our part time, bilingual & with retirement home experience, Recreation Assistant.
Opportunity for mature, dynamic and self-motivated individual with the ability to enhance the lives of our Residents in Windsong by developing and implementing meaningful programs while promoting a caring, nurturing and interactive atmosphere.
- College diploma in Recreation, Leisure Studies, Gerontology or equivalent is required;
- Previous experience working with seniors;
- GPA and experience working with residents with cognitive decline (Dementias)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- An energetic, compassionate person who enjoys working with the elderly;
- Event planning an asset.
Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Now receiving applications for full-time and part-time dietary aide positions. Must have dining room service experience preferably with seniors, the ability to pass a vulnerable sector police check and love working with Seniors in a team environment. Current references required.
Registered Practical Nurse
Now receiving applications for part time RPN position, days, evenings and nights. Must have Retirement Home or LTC experience with strong clinical background and in good standing with CNO, along with the ability to pass a vulnerable police check and love working with Seniors in a team environment. GPA & PIECES an asset. Current references required.
Personal Support Worker
Now receiving applications for part time PSW positions, days, evenings and nights. Must have Retirement Home or LTC experience , along with the ability to pass a vulnerable police check and love working with Seniors in a team environment. GPA & PIECES an asset. Current references required.