Our Response to COVID-19
New directives have been issued by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, the Ontario Retirement Community Association (ORCA) and the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA). In response to these directives only essential visitors are permitted in to our residence at this time.
The Ministry of Health has identified essential visitors as those who have a resident who is palliative or critically ill. Those deemed as essential visitors must continue to be actively screened. If an essential visitor fails any part of the screening process, they will not be permitted entry to our communities.
All other visitors will not be permitted to enter any of our communities at this time, instead we ask that you keep in touch with loved ones by phone or other technologies, as available.
Protecting our Residents
We have implemented many safety measures in response to directives set out by our local health agencies, including:
- Enhanced cleaning of all common areas and high-touch surfaces
- Active screening of essential visitors, service providers and team members
- Increased number, and prominence, of hand sanitizers
- Education of residents, and team members, on infection protection including hand washing, social distancing etc.
- Increased monitoring of the health of our residents to detect symptoms of COVID-19
- Cancellation of all excursions, limiting shuttle services to essential medical appointments
Visit the links below for up to date information on COVID-19:
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Ontario Retirement Community Association (ORCA)
Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA)